Riot Grrrl #19

Riot Grrrl #19
Thr. Aug. 6, 2015
Playlist link
Stream WRGP


The Bombshells – Intro
The Bombshells – I Want You Now
Yeah Yeah Yeahs – Dudley
Coves – Beatings
La Luz – You Disappear
Potty Mouth – Cherry Picking
Dum Dum Girls – Lines Her Eyes
Moon Honey – The Two Fridas

Vapid – Die
Bully – Picture
Best Coast – In My Eyes
Kid Wave – Gloom
Eskimeaux – Broken Necks
Sylvan Esso – Coffee
Rosy Finch – La Colina
Highlights:
  • "You Disappear" by La Luz off their second album produced by Ty Segall! I really enjoy their album cover and overall aesthetic.
  • "The Two Fridas" by Moon Honey. Not sure what to make of this band, but I enjoy their bandcamp website. For each song, they provide lyrics and quotes. For this song, inspired by the one and only Frida Kahlo, they display her quote: "“My blood is the miracle which runs in the vessels of the air from my heart to yours.”
  • "In My Eyes" by Best Coast is off their latest album release titled California Nights. The title, I think, completely captures the vibe of the band and this song. The song, filled with hand claps and electric guitars is one that I can play on repeat all day.
  • "Coffee" by Sylvan Esso. I mean - just check out the video and dance at the end!

Comments