Riot Grrrl #13

Riot Grrrl #13
Thr. June 25, 2015
Thursdays 5-6pm
Riot grrrl era/feminist punk/female fronted music


Wolf Alice - Fluffy
Marmozets - Why Do You Hate Me?
Against Me! - True Trans Soul Rebel
The Shondes - The Garden
Autoclave - Dr.Seuss
Ida Maria - Oh My God
Twin River - Secret In A Seance


Gin Wigmore - Written in the Water
Dirty Ghosts - Shout It In
Girlpool - Cherry picking
Fat Creeps - Nancy Drew
The Duke Spirit - Bodies
Marnie Stern  - proof of life
Torres - New Skin
Fka Twigs - Water Me


Highlights:
  • Against Me!: Because it's time to celebrate amazing trans artists in music, like Laura Jane Grace, and this album has been really eye-opening for me. The album, Transgender Dysphoria Blues deals with Grace's journey with gender dysphoria and is something I haven't heard much about before, so this is a really interesting and personal take.
  • Girlpool: If you know me, you know I looooove girlpool. Their debut album has some amazing gems. One of my favorite releases of 2015. Another fave: Ideal World

Comments