Riot Grrrl #16

Riot Grrrl #16
Thr. Jul 16, 2015
Thursdays 5-6pm EST
riot grrrl era/feminist punk/female fronted music


Servilia -War on Women
Worriers - Plans
Potty Mouth - Sleep Talk
The Donnas - Dancing with Myself
Dum Dum Girls - Bhang, Bhang, I'm a Burnout
Colornoise - Amalie
Grass Widow - To Where
Nadine Shah - The Gin One
Waxahatchee - Breathless
Gal Pals - Dumbheaed
Makthaverskan - Witness
WILD FLAG - Something Came Over Me
Diet Cig - Pool Boyz
Kate Tempest - Lonely Daze
Super Wild Horses - Mess Around
Eternal Summers - Together or Alone

Highlights:
  • "Dancing with Myself" by The Donnas. This song is a classic and so much fun to listen to and sing along with. Note to self: play more of The Donnas because they are such riot grrrls and you can definitely hear some attitude in this song.
  • "Bhang Bhang I'm a Burnout" by the Dum Dum Girls. Even though I feel like I play them so much on my show, they are totally worth it because each song is a gem. This is no exception. I also encourage to check to super cool low-fi video.
  • "Lonely Daze" by Kate Tempest has some of the best lyrics I've heard lately. Tempest has some amazing spoken word poetry and it translates beautifully in her music. I also enjoy watching her live stuff because she's so cool.
  • "Mess Around" by Super Wild Horses. The band name is just so fantastic that I can't not play it. The band mates met in an all girls catholic school and the rest is history.

Comments