Riot Grrrl #45 World Poetry Day

playlist LINK
stream WRGP
A special playlist for World Poetry Day 2016. I tried make a seamless & smooth transition of poems + songs! Celebrate women writers and musicians.


Maya Angelou read by Ruby Dee – Phenomenal Woman
Empress Of – Woman is a Word
Elizabeth Barrett Browning read by Stella Gonet – How Do I Love Thee
Echosmith – Tell Her You Love Her
Edna St. Vincent Millay – Love Is Not All
Nina Simone – I Wish I Knew How It Would Feel to be Free
Still Corners – Don’t Fall In Love
Ella Wheeler Wilcox read by Meryl Streep – Solitude
Dream Wife – Hey Heartbreaker
Gertrude Stein – If I Told Him
Tei Shi – See Me
Elizabeth Bishop – The Fish
Poema – Forget You in L.A.
Emily Bronte read by Eva Karpf – How Clear She Shines
Woman’s Hour – In Stillness We Remain
Au Revoir Simone – Love You Don’t Know Me
Maya Angelou – Come and Be My Baby

Summer Camp – Learn to Love Yourself
Nikki Giovanni read by Amber Rose Johnson – Walking Down Park
Varsity – So Sad, So Sad
Emily Dickinson read by Meryl Streep – Because I Could Not Stop for Death
Ibeyi – Mama Says
Emily Dickinson – Bee
Efrat Ben Zur – Bee
Louise Bogan – Medusa
Vivian Girls – Vanishing of Time
Sylvia Plath – Ouija
mum – We Have a Map of the Piano
Ruby Dee – Today Is Ours Lets Live It (by Anonymous)
The Bangles – September Gurls
Screaming Females – Broken Neck
2:54 – Glory Days
Bleached – Wednesday Night Melody
L.A. WITCH – Heart of Darkness
Karen O – I Shall Rise
Maya Angelou – Still I Rise

Comments