Riot Grrrl #41 love & self-love

Riot Grrrl #41
2/16/16
Tuesdays 6-8pm
stream WRGP

playlist link

A special playlist dedicated to songs about love & self empowerment by black women in honor of black HERstory month!


Queen Latifah – Ladies First
Celia Cruz – Yo Vivire (I Will Survive)
Queen Latifah – U.N.I.T.Y
India.Arie. – Brown Skin
The Supremes – Where Did Our Love Go
Beyonce – At Last (Etta James cover)
Nina Simone – Four Women
Billie Holiday – I’m a Fool to Want You
Ella Fitzgerald – I Got It Bad (And That Ain’t Good)
Dinah Washington – Cry Me a River
Sarah Vaughan – I Ain’t Got Nothin’ But the Blues (Duke Ellington cover)
Jo Ann Garrett – One Woman
Victoria Spivey – I Ain’t Gonna Let You See My Santa Claus
Katie Webster – Never Let Me Go
Big Maybelle – Don’t Pass Me By
Shemeika Copeland – Whole Lotta Water
Koko Taylor – I’m a Woman
Shirley Horn – Hit the Road Jack
Chaka Khan ft. Mary J.Blige – Disrespectful
Emeli Sande – My Kind of Love
Beyonce – You Don’t Love Me, No No No
Queen Latifah – When You’re Good to Mama
India.Arie – I Am Not My Hair
Rihanna – Same Ol’ Mistakes (Tame Impala cover)
Joi – Freedom
India.Arie – Video
Esperanza Spalding – Black Gold
Willow ft. SZA – 9

Comments