Riot Grrrl #39 herstory

Riot Grrrl #39
2/2/16
stream WRGP

playlist link

A special playlist dedicated to celebrating black women in music

Aaliyah – Intro
TLC – Depend on Myself
Big Joanie – No Scrubs (TLC cover)
Banks – Are You That Somebody (Aaliyah cover)
Noisettes – Sister Rosetta
Sister Rosetta Tharpe – Strange Things Happen Everyday
The Francettes – He’s so Sweet
The Supremes -Yesterday (Beatles cover)
Ike & Tina Turner – Get Back (Beatles cover)
Aretha Franklin – Young, Gifted and Black
Nina Simone – To Be Young, Gifted and Black
Nina Simone – Black is the Color of My True Love’s Hair
Ms. Lauryn Hill – Black is the Color of My True Love’s Hair
Betty Davis – They Say I’m Different
Mother’s Finest – Watch My Stylin’

Alabama Shakes – Boys & Girls
PHOX – Laura
Kimya Dawson – So Nice So Smart
Peter and Kerry – Half Empty
Grace Jones – La vie en rose
Stiffed – Your Voice
Santigold – I’m A Lady
Trash Kit – Shyness
ESG – U.F.O
Tamar-Kali – Your Girl
Macy Gray – I’m in Between (As Told by Ginger theme song)
Poly Styrene – Virtual Boyfriend
X-Ray Spex – I Am a Poseur
Jack Davey – Howl At the Moon
Militia Vox – No More Tears

Comments